On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 4:36 PM Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
Lua 5.4.0 (alpha) has been frozen and is now available for testing

All feedback welcome.

1)
Lua 5.3 manual says:
The numerical for-loop repeats a block of code while a control variable
RUNS through an arithmetic progression.

Lua 5.4 manual says:
The numerical for-loop repeats a block of code while a control variable
GOES through an arithmetic progression.

The difference is: "runs" -> "goes".
Why so pessimistic about for-loop speed in Lua 5.4?  :-)

2)
I don't understand from Lua 5.4 manual whether the "limit" in numeric for-loop is inclusive or exclusive.
Probably that's because of my bad English.
The meaning of the phrase "until that value passes the limit" is vague to me.
Should perfect tense "has passed" be used instead of "passes"?
BTW, Lua 5.3 manual was absolutely clear due to the "equivalent code".