> I very much would appreciate if the C backend could be kept as first
> citizen backend.

One of the downsides of C is that some language features like
coroutines and garbage collection don't map easily to it. That said,
we certainly want to stay as portable as possible and C is great for
that.

> BTW: how are Pallene & Titan related, are these different approaches
> or different aims?

Pallene originated as a fork of Titan. Currently, work on Pallene is
more focused on performance, while work on Titan is more focused on
expanding the set of supported language features. Both languages are
under development and it is too early to say much about their long term
future, but we are actively collaborating and sharing ideas between
them.

-- Hugo Musso Gualandi