On 5/11/2018 12:44 AM, Albert Chan wrote:
On May 10, 2018, at 11:29 AM, KHMan <keinhong@gmail.com> wrote:

"Code Complete" recommend AGAINST end comment

-- Albert

Sure, it's a useful guideline. But let's not zip ourselves into a book-learning straitjacket.

I used a Bruce Lee quote on this kind of discussion once, let me try it from a related angle. :-) In Chinese kungfu stories/movies/series, what plot device does one often see? The loyal disciple who diligently learns the forms but is rigid gets beaten up. Who wins the day? The one who internalizes the forms, then go formless...

Guideline(s) are needed because you might re-read the
code months later. DO NOT go  "Bruce Lee" on the code.

And, PLEASE, do not go "formless" !

:-)

Good, good, one is thinking.

Did I mean literally "formless"?

Words can be interpreted in different ways.

It is up to the listener to find the path.

:-p

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)