On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 1:11 AM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
When the right-hand side of an assignment is an anonymous function, I
nowadays put a semicolon after the final "end" to distinguish it from
other uses of  'end'. Do you like the idea or hate it?

I think if I came across a large complex file where that style had been followed it would be an excellent clue when reading the code. But in an isolated example, the practice could be confusing, especially if someone is new.

I'm sure I've seen something like that before, but I couldn't tell you where. As someone else has said, you will see no semicolons completing statements in my Lua code.

Russ