Am 07.02.2018 um 22:14 schröbte Coda Highland:
On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 3:02 PM, Philipp Janda <siffiejoe@gmx.net> wrote:
Am 07.02.2018 um 19:09 schröbte Coda Highland:

I was going to mention LPCSTR earlier.

To be fair, they probably had a `__far` in there which later vanished. This
is one of those situations (hiding platform differences) where I would
consider a pointer-typedef as well.

Yes, they definitely did -- "Long Pointer to C STRing". Contrast with
PCSTR "Pointer to C STRing", used when some pointers are different
lengths than others (historically, segmented memory, with near
pointers being 16 bits and far pointers being 24 or 32).

Not just historically! I'm working with the MSP430 micro controller which has normal 16bit pointers and `__data20` 20 bit pointers for the extended 1 megabyte address space. Btw., I got Lua 5.3 running there with just a few warnings in 70k flash and 2k RAM -- just some blinking LEDs so far, though.

I'm an old enough fart to remember WinAPI programming in real mode. >.>;

/s/ Adam

Philipp