On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 3:02 PM, Philipp Janda <siffiejoe@gmx.net> wrote:
> Am 07.02.2018 um 19:09 schröbte Coda Highland:
>>

>> I was going to mention LPCSTR earlier.
>

> To be fair, they probably had a `__far` in there which later vanished. This
> is one of those situations (hiding platform differences) where I would
> consider a pointer-typedef as well.

Yes, they definitely did -- "Long Pointer to C STRing". Contrast with
PCSTR "Pointer to C STRing", used when some pointers are different
lengths than others (historically, segmented memory, with near
pointers being 16 bits and far pointers being 24 or 32).

I'm an old enough fart to remember WinAPI programming in real mode. >.>;

/s/ Adam