On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 7:37 AM, Bulat Ziganshin
<bulat.ziganshin@gmail.com> wrote:

>> community edition. That's what the installer told me anyways. Do you
>> know better?
>
> may be you remember old Express edition what had some limitations
>
> Now,  Community  edition  limits  size of team owrking on the poject.
> For  inidividual,  it's  absolutely free and enable all features (well
> something  like  TFS  server  may be unavailable - i just have no idea
> what is it at all :)

"Faulty memory" or "bad input" is for sure the case, but I remember
(incorrectly?) that VS Community 2017 complained when I tried to
install it with the Desktop C++ tools. What I wonder is if Community
allows you to open and manipulate existing projects, but removes the
ability to create projects?

I'll know more next week and report what I find.

Cheers,

Russ