[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: [ANN] https://github.com/PUC-Lua
- From: Russell Haley <russ.haley@...>
- Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 12:10:51 -0800
Description: PUC-Lua aims to provide standard Lua in binary form to
Windows users for whome the phrase "What's a compiler?" is not a joke.
What has been done:
- I have transferred 2 Visual Studio projects I have over to the
PUC-Lua organization: The Visual Studio solutions for Lua and a
LuaDotNet project containing the Tuxen scripting engine.
- I have added a bin directory that contains binaries and installers for users
- Tuxen SE requires Lua 5.1 for which an installer is available.
However, there is a full copy of the Lua VS solution embedded (to be
What's not done:
- The Tuxen scripting engine doesn't work yet.
- At some point I'll fill out a wiki entry of the various Windows
projects that I've encountered.
- Figure out more about LuaRocks binary support, LuaDist. Further
investigation of nuget and chocaltey binary package managers
- Finding where to dovetail with LuaUsers wiki, and other Windows resources
- Add support for old school 2.4 LuaInterface
- Convert Tuxen and LuaInterface to 5.x
If you'd like to support the effort, please download the installer and
test it and report all issues on Github. I shall be pining for more
help with the Tuxen scripting engine soon.
*Fyi my Visual Studio Professional trial license is running out
tomorrow, I will not be able to respond to issues for a few weeks
until I get that sorted. (Welcome to Windows!)