Hello Russell,

>>>From what I can tell the Desktop C++ tools are not available in the
> community edition. That's what the installer told me anyways. Do you
> know better?

may be you remember old Express edition what had some limitations

Now,  Community  edition  limits  size of team owrking on the poject.
For  inidividual,  it's  absolutely free and enable all features (well
something  like  TFS  server  may be unavailable - i just have no idea
what is it at all :)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin@gmail.com