That's a good point to keep using "..."

The only minor issue I had with "..." is that it does not look like an object. Maybe it doesn't need to be and like you said local args = [...] is totally fine. Or that "..." is just an object so ...:unpack() or local args = ... is allowed. At that point we can also just do function(a,b,...=args) as it is in 5.4 at the moment (although I'm personally not a fan of this, I'd rather have local args = [...] than syntax shortcuts)