On 2017-11-29 11:25 AM, Paige DePol wrote:
Soni They/Them L. <fakedme@gmail.com> wrote:

Cratera is meant to be a tiny patchset (currently ~60 lines) for a single
feature: traits. This feature requires many more lines of code. Not to
mention Cratera is not meant to be SELua. :)
Ahh, okay, I thought you were working on a larger fork, sorry for any
misunderstanding. Though, I think my point still stands in relation
to making proposals, demonstrating their viability is still a good idea!

What is "SELua"?

It stands for "Security Enhanced Lua".

Also, in your original post you mentioned something about metatable
handling being changed. What reference did you have for that, changed
how?
I was told on IRC that the Lua team wants lexically scoped metatables. My
proposal describes a relatively simple mechanism for implementing them.
Why would you want a metatable to change when the scope changes?

Modules, mostly.

`"%s %s" % {"hello", "world!"}` without affecting other modules/the main program.

~Paige