On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Dibyendu Majumdar
<mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi Russ,
>
> On 10 July 2017 at 21:06, Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So, again, I apologize. I will be sure to do more research before
>> leveling accusations about the GPL. I still don't trust big companies
>> that use it, but will attempt to do further research and avoid looking
>> for positive affirmation of my opinion. I think I will also try to be
>> a little less myopic about things that make me upset.
>>

> I think it is easy to get misinformed these days thanks to the
> Internet! Anyway, GPL is a Marxist license - very anti-establishment.
> So I think it is very unlikely that companies are exploiting others
> using GPL. It is more that GPL exploits others as it is not only a
> license but a political statement aiming to change the world. And
> maybe that is what is bad about it.

What I find difficult is the LACK of evidence, yet I FEEL like there
is something nefarious happening with the use of the GPL by large
companies. I let that get away from me without properly looking at
what evidence I really do have. This has also pointed out to me that
perhaps the GPL is not what I have issue with at all. Anyway, before I
get ranting again I thank you for the litmus test. I try to learn from
being wrong and this has been an excellent (albeit embarrassing)
learning opportunity for me. :)

Russ