On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 1:00 AM, Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to find a way to generate the ldoc function headers from the file automagically so I could fill in the details afterwards.

It would be useful, though at least having a regular comment in front
of the functions would go a long way. The minimal translation would
just replace '--' with '---'  - just @-free doc comments.

Otherwise (as others have noted) there are wide variations in how
functions and tables are declared. LDoc does this, but the problem is
then constrained by 'follows doc comment'.

Any token parser could do this job, but man there are Special Cases!

Hisham and I once talked about the usefulness of this in the context
of LuaRocks.