Sergey Zakharchenko <doublef.mobile@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Though, I am not sure what the GitHub link you provided was meant to demonstrate?
>
> That was a fix to a problem where two otherwise "fine" (running without problems) patches collide without any source control conflicts, just semantically.
>
> Eventually, I should have a collection of patches, and patches-for-patches, that should allow any combinations of patches in the matrix to be applied with any other appropriate patches.
>
> That will likely lead to combinatorial explosion...
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> DoubleF

Ahh, okay, now I understand what that link was meant to demonstrate, thanks
for the explanation! :)

However, keep in mind, that to start with, all patches in my matrix will be
patches that have been created by me, not just arbitrary patches from
anywhere. Given that I will have written all the code it is more likely my
own patches will play nicer with each other than random patches from other
people. However, that said, I am sure I will run into some issues along the
way... but part of the fun of coding is solving problems! ;)

Once I have all my patches upgraded to the latest Lua I will work on
creating a matrix for them all and will see just how many combinations of
patches there are to test against each other... the answer will probably
scare me! ;)

~Paige