Sergey Zakharchenko <doublef.mobile@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,

>  As long as all patches work from a common baseline version of
> Lua it shouldn't be hard to generate most of the work automatically
>
> You might be in for some surprises, e.g. https://github.com/elua/elua/pull/71
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> DoubleF

Well, by "baseline" I mean that I will use a specific version of Lua, for example 5.3.4, not just allow the patch matrix to work on any arbitrary version of Lua as that would be a nightmare. Though, I am not sure what the GitHub link you provided was meant to demonstrate?

The patch matrix would inherently require all patches be set up so they all apply to the baseline patch without any issues, then I would start applying patches together, in a specific hierarchy, and then generate conflict patches where necessary.

Eventually, I should have a collection of patches, and patches-for-patches, that should allow any combinations of patches in the matrix to be applied with any other appropriate patches.

~Paige