Rodrigo Azevedo <rodrigoams@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is not an exclusion, but C libraries are harder to maintain than "Pure
> Lua".

I’m going to sound like a broken record, but really? Why? I’ve never
thought of it as being the case—again from experience with other languages.

What I have seen is that *any* library in a language’s stdlib often ends up
being maintained more slowly, and less well, than non-stdlib equivalents.
In fact, in both Perl and Ruby, people often joke that stdlib is where good
libraries go to die. I’m not sure entirely why that is, but I suspect it
has to do with the politics and complexities of being part of the official
package of a language. I’ve read similar things re Python, but that’s not
a language I know as well personally.