This is not an exclusion, but C libraries are harder to maintain than "Pure Lua". Then, "Pure Lua" is *better than nothing*, but C library is OK also, obviously.

Rodrigo Azevedo <rodrigoams@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) an expanded basic library (some batteries), well organized, maintained
>    and documented. "Pure Lua" libraries at least.

Just curious: why must (or should) they be “pure Lua”? Don’t many
mainstream programming languages (e.g. Perl, Python, Ruby) write at least
some of their batteries (i.e., built-in stdlib components) in the language
of the language interpreter itself (i.e., usually C)? Why does it matter to
the scripter whether, say, a map function is written in Lua or C?

Rodrigo Azevedo Moreira da Silva