>> read: APL
>>
>> keyboard?
>
>   Yes, APL keyboard.  It had the APL symbols on the keycaps, along with the
> normal ASCII characters you find.  In fact, you can still get APL keycaps
> and they aren't that expensive:

I wrote some serious APL programs in the early 1980's and took
up APL again when GNU APL reached stability. I found that my
fingers still remembered where most of the symbols were. They
were better than my brain, which could not quite remember which
of Encode and Decode did what, and in what way. Fortunately
modern keyboards offer third- and fourth level, so APL sits nicely
on left-alt unshifted and shifted.

I have two Lua to APL interfaces: one can be described as thinking
in APL while writing Lua, the other as implementing APL in Lua.

But (finally returning to the topic of the thread) the fact that APL
and Lua for all practical purposes inhabit different lexical worlds
makes it possible to write a single interpreter that mixes APL and
Lua at use input level. I'd hate to give that up. Si I guess that I don't
want internationalization in standard Lua. Call it Lua-i18n as the
OP said, but please keep that i18n in the name at all levels. Don't
call it Lua.