On 11/22/2016 2:21 AM, mathieu stumpf guntz wrote:
Le 21/11/2016 à 17:44, Soni L. a écrit :

It does need unicode support.
Sure, but this is not a API aliasing specific problem, the uncode
issue is indeed in the issue tracker of Lua-i18n.

Remove the concept of "keywords" - they shouldn't be words, try
something like "keysymbols" instead.
Lexem is the usual term in linguistic you probably want to refer
to. There's also lexical item (or lexical unit or lexical entry)
if the term may refer either to a single word, a part of a word,
or a chain of words.

Are you implying latin isn't a language and/or culture? Is
perligata made of random symbols with no particular meaning
arranged in a way that makes physical sense? (e.g. brainfuck's
loop, which looks like a box - this is also why I think emoji is
a good candidate for proper internationalization, as it's more
physical even tho different cultures may associate different
things to each emoji)
All apologies, I misunderstood what was said, I thought it was
told that there was no localized language out there.

To my mind, making a programming language which "remove any and
all references to a specific language and/or culture" is as
meaningful as "performing the nothingness".

IMHO the whole kaboodle is:

Quite interesting _for_some_folks_ in ivory towers.

Quite useless in the real world.

Clearly it's something that can be implemented and some academic papers written _for_a_particular_academic_niche_. But nobody who wants to get code written in the real world is going to touch this. It's just an ivory tower toy, one that is of some value to linguistics, but of zero value to CS/IT.

IIRC I have seen in the past on the Internet where someone replaced the keywords of a programming language with non-English words, a proof of concept thing. But if this kind of thing is actually worthwhile to CS/IT folks, we might have heard a bit more in the past >50 years of programming language development. Instead it's more like haute couture, if you can 'sell' it, or get it funded, then great, everything is awesome.

Just IMHO though. Good luck.

[snip snip]

--
Cheers,