Le 21/11/2016 à 17:44, Soni L. a écrit :

It does need unicode support.
Sure, but this is not a API aliasing specific problem, the uncode issue is indeed in the issue tracker of Lua-i18n.

Remove the concept of "keywords" - they shouldn't be words, try something like "keysymbols" instead.
Lexem is the usual term in linguistic you probably want to refer to. There's also lexical item (or lexical unit or lexical entry) if the term may refer either to a single word, a part of a word, or a chain of words.

Are you implying latin isn't a language and/or culture? Is perligata made of random symbols with no particular meaning arranged in a way that makes physical sense? (e.g. brainfuck's loop, which looks like a box - this is also why I think emoji is a good candidate for proper internationalization, as it's more physical even tho different cultures may associate different things to each emoji)
All apologies, I misunderstood what was said, I thought it was told that there was no localized language out there.

To my mind, making a programming language which "remove any and all references to a specific language and/or culture" is as meaningful as "performing the nothingness".

Now if you wish to have a programming language as you describe, with emoji or whaever symbol, I certainly won't discourage you, go ahead and show us. But this is not want I want to target within the Lua-i18n project, so if you really want to develop something as you said, please launch an other thread if you think it's relevant to discuss of that on this mailing list.

❤🌐,
mathieu