According to LuaJIT docs, the LuaJIT VM is fully resumable
If that means that it is enough to just replace lua_newcthread from LuaCoCo with native lua_newthread then great.

"Lua 5.1 (alpha) + LuaJIT 1.0.3.": how does that work? Mixed PUC Lua and LuaJIT code base?
yep, something like that, I can't explain better but it seems that in that old version LuaJIT was more like an extension of PUC Lua rather then overhaul like it is in LuaJIT 2.

Yurii

On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 12:08 AM, Michal Kottman
<michal.kottman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 October 2016 at 11:42, Bizins'kyi Yurii <jarni.ua@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> But, to not be stucked with one library I took Boris's advice and just
>>> used plain Lua 5.1 with LuaCoCo. It compiles - good sign. Later on we will
>>> see I we'll have to go back to LuaJIT and try to integrate LuaCoCo to 2.0.x
>

> Based on this post [1] by Mike Pall (author of LuaJIT), "there's little need
> for CoCo anymore" in LuaJIT 2. That said, I have no experience with CoCo and
> LuaJIT 2.
>
> [1] http://www.freelists.org/post/luajit/CoCo-in-202,1

According to LuaJIT docs, the LuaJIT VM is fully resumable. I guess
the Coco features were integrated around the introduction of LuaJIT 2.
A viable solution might be patching Lua 5.1.5 with LuaCoco and/or use
LuaJIT 2.

Slightly OT, I'm curious about the OP's configuration. "Lua 5.1
(alpha) + LuaJIT 1.0.3.": how does that work? Mixed PUC Lua and LuaJIT
code base?

Cheers!