It was thus said that the Great Bizins'kyi Yurii once stated:
> First, I'm a bit of concerned with performance.

  It's only a concern if the performance is too slow.  At work, I'm using
Lua 5.1 to process SIP messages (our customer is one of The Monopolistic
Phone Companies [1]), with each transation being handled as a coroutine and
performance has yet to be an issue (millions of calls per day).

> Second, and it is more
> important, in this phase of porting to x64 I'd like to do as few changes to
> the code as possible to reduce number of possible bugs to find. Basically,
> I don't need any new functionality, I just need x64 support of old lib.

  Lua (5.1, 5.2, 5.3) compiles and works just fine on x86-64 (and on 64-bit
SPARC; we use those too).  Really, it comes down to other libraries you
might need compiled.  I wouldn't worry too much about Lua.

  -spc

[1]	Yeah, I know---a monopoly is *one company*.  But in my defense,
	*ALL* phone companies are monopolistic in their dark little hearts.