It was thus said that the Great Viacheslav Usov once stated:
> On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 5:54 PM, Michal Kottman <michal.kottman@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > The "mechanism" for your "policy" is strict.lua or any other
> implementation thereof.
>
> Not really.
>
> My policy is to guarantee that there are *no* problems related to mistyped
> identifiers. Not just *this* time I run my program, but *every* time I run
> it.

  The stock Lua interpeter checks for the environment variable LUA_INIT (and
LUA_INIT_5_2 or LUA_INIT_5_3) and will run that (or the file given) before
anything else.  There you can run "strict.lua" to ensure your given policy
exists.

> I know that I could achieve that by using a language *different *from Lua.
> But I'd like to achieve that in Lua, and so I want to to understand why it
> is not possible.

  Technically, it is possible.  Would it still be Lua?  Depends on how it's
done.

  -spc