Am 10.05.2016 um 18:44 schrieb Viacheslav Usov:
On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 5:54 PM, Michal Kottman
<michal.kottman@gmail.com <mailto:michal.kottman@gmail.com>> wrote:

The "mechanism" for your "policy" is strict.lua or any other
implementation thereof.

Not really.

My policy is to guarantee that there are /no/ problems related to
mistyped identifiers. Not just /this/ time I run my program, but
/every/ time I run it.

I understand your wish for development time. That's what strict.lua is for.
When i ship my final program, i want to avoid any unnecessary checks for speed reasons. In case the final program may execute untested lua scripts, i use a sandbox environment for the untrusted script. So from my point of view, i cant understand what you want to make better with some new compiling mode. It does not make code execution faster, and much more worse, my program may error out, what should not happen on a user site.
Let's stick on the KISS principle. :)

Ulrich.