Il Wed, 25 Mar 2015 16:08:53 -0700 William Ahern <william@25thandClement.com> scrisse:

> It sucks that people are relying on pkg-config so much.

I disagree with almost anything you wrote but on this I disagree more.

pkg-config is just a piece of C code (just like Lua) that makes life
(much) easier to packagers, period. When you are cross-compiling (and
guess what I'm doing right now?) it is not usefull, it is essential!

Every distro I used (archlinux, debian, ubuntu and fedora) provides its
own version of lua*.pc and they will never agree until something is
proposed upstream. And this means, as Taylan correctly specified,
generating and installing a text file.

Ciao.
--
Nicola