On Sun, Nov 2, 2014, at 06:43 PM, Dirk Laurie wrote:

> >  You are the fourth person to say to me 'it's someone else's fault, get
> >  them to fix it'. Nothing personal, but I'm frankly sick of it.
> > If it's within your power to fix it, why stand on ceremony?
>
> Nothing personal, but _you_ are in a position to fix it yourself
> for your machine after the very helpful response by Luiz.
>
> You are the seventh person in the last four years to pop up on
> lua-l from nowhere and throw your weight about as if your opinion
> mattered, not accepting perfectly reasonable replies from
> the Lua developers who paid you the compliment of actually
> responding, then become offensive when they do not
> immediately dance to your tune. Frankly, I'm sick of it.

I'm not throwing my weight around, I'm expressing my emotions in a way
that I feel is not offensive to anyone.
And naturally I think my opinions matter - who doesn't? I have fixed it
for myself - until the next time. I was also thinking of other people.
Luiz has taken a position and I am advancing an argument against it. If
Luiz is offended, I regret that - but he hasn't said so.
GD