>  Yes, that's one way for the end-user to fix it - but they may not have
>  the knowledge even to know where to begin looking for the problem.
> If it gets fixed in liblua, then everything that uses liblua
> automatically starts working again as soon as the new version propagates
> through the dependent software.

At the time of the original message, I replied this:

  This seems weird. Both fseeko and ftello use the type 'off_t' in their
  prototypes. If the compiler did not complain when reading the header
  files, either their prototypes are missing from 'stdio.h' (where these
  functions should be declared) or their prototypes are not using this
  type. Both cases seem to break POSIX compliance.

I still stand for what I said. You should complain with them, not with
us. If it gets fixed there, then every software that asssumes correct
headers will benefit.

-- Roberto