On Jul 6, 2014 2:03 PM, "Coroutines" <coroutines@gmail.com> wrote:

> symbol
> versioning at compile time helps for noticing you're linking against
> the wrong release,

Helps when libc needs to support old APIs. But Lua doesn't do that.

> but we know we want several versions of lua_call()

Question is, is it better to have this at the C level with #defines, or a bunch of black magic at the dynamic linker...I think I just answered my own question.

No symbols outside the API should be able to escape the liblua.so so a prefix seems like it should work.