On Apr 25, 2014, at 9:18 PM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:

>  I, for one, would like to know what you proposed, tried out, rejected and
> why it was rejected.  Yes, it was a failure, but if you document it, then
> others can learn why that "cool idea" might not have been such a "cool
> idea".

Tangentially related:

"Document the roads not taken. In order to overcome the Law of the Instrument and prevent revisiting the same ground in the future, document what you’re not doing and why you’re not doing it.”

When the solution is the problem
How to prevent over-engineering & useless features in software
https://medium.com/p/50adb9f6caf9