On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 2:54 PM, Coroutines <coroutines@gmail.com> wrote:
> How is <> used in Pascal?

It is "not equal".

> Also, I would like to see ~= changed to !=.

Apparently ~ is a bitch to type on some keyboards, so allowing it as
an alternative might be an idea (Moonscript does this [1])

> I'd be in favor of not allowing it at the beginning of an identifier, yes :>

Ah, but that's exactly where people will want to use it - so they can
do JQuery in Lua ;)

[1] leaf has collected just about every rejected feature from lua-l
and rolled them into his own language.  It actually works pretty well,
although I still dislike \ for method calls.