On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 05:35:26PM -0700, Coroutines wrote:
<snip>
> I agree largely with what you have said, I think IOCP/AIO leads to
> much complication.  In the interest of getting back to the C++
> religious war thingy -- I counter your non-composability argument with
> std::function, booyah!

With std::function and lambdas, you can create producer/consumer libraries
that approach the elegance and conciseness of Node.js. :P

I agree with some others on this thread: the sweet spot for me is with C and
Lua. And if you implement your libraries and modules carefully, they can
work equally well in projects using either Lua, C, or C++ as the core
language or event driver.