On 17/03/2014 9:21 PM, steve donovan wrote:
On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 3:12 PM, David Crayford <dcrayford@gmail.com> wrote:
Slickedit tag files for Lua handle packages with an interface keyword, so
the os package is defined like so (which give context assist).
That's cool - I was misled by the meaning of the word 'tags'.  These
are like the .api files of SciTE.

IIRC, it's possible to annoate arguments with @format etc. Can LDoc be used
to generate a table of function/arguments to generate such a structure?
Most definitely.  You may have to look at the raw internal
representation (read the end of the manual ;))

Will do. Cheers! Good work BTW.

(This has been an extremely tame war, and nobody has been religious at all!)

No editor flames wars here! I use SE because it supports all the languages I code in - C/C++, mainframe languages (HLASM assembler, PL/1, COBOL, REXX), Java, Javascript, HTML, Python, Ruby and now Lua.

I'm still a neophyte wrt Lua as I've only been looking at it seriously for a few months but we have big plans for it as a scripting engine for the modernization and legacy integration of enterprise applications on IBM mainframes.