It was thus said that the Great Enrico Colombini once stated:
> On 16/03/2014 10.22, Jeremy Ong wrote:
> >As for compiler speed, I understand :). I fall in the camp of people
> >who are willing to wait because I believe the compiler is doing useful
> >work for me (type checking, static assertions, compile time
> >expressions, generics).
>
> I tend to be in the opposite camp: for my way of working (relatively
> short bursts of very high concentration, lots of microtesting and
> measurements) feedback speed has a very high priority.
> That's one of the many reasons I love Lua :-)

  In my experience, you can have either a fast compiler, or a fast
executable (output from a compiler).

  There are fast C compilers.  One of the fastest is TCC.  At one point
(back in 2006 I believe), someone used TCC to boot Linux (that is, compile
the Linux kernel at boot time) in under 10 seconds.  It didn't produce a
fast kernel though.

  -spc