On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 1:28 PM, Craig Barnes <craigbarnes85@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think it's fair to conclude that they "can't see the point"
> after reading this. It's probably more a
> short sighted "strategy" that the compiler team don't get much say in.

Hm, Herb Sutter seems pretty clear about not doing C99, even to the
point of recommending using another compiler.  My point is that they
have a C++ compiler and will only implement the subset - the rest is
'legacy'.

Which isn't too bad, actually.  The recommended practice of compiling
new C as C++ works fairly well, if you keep to that strange
ill-defined intersection.  And things like enums simply behave
differently, of course, and some assignments are no longer legal.

steve d.