On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 9:59 AM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> C99 has now been around for 15 years and I don't blame anybody for
> pulling the plug on C89. (Another piece of software I use has recently
> discontinued support for 16-bit DOS!)

Absolutely - and it's great to have complex number support!  Apart
from some minority compilers, the big obstacle to universal C99 is
lack of Microsoft support - they do a C++ compiler, can't see the
point in C support anymore.  I route around the damage by using GCC on
Windows, but not everyone has that option.