On Sun, Jan 05, 2014 at 09:31:05PM -0600, Andrew Starks wrote:
<snip>
>    (At least we're not arguing for a type system or lambda notation or a
>    ternary operator...)

That last argument over the ternary operator totally confused me. I had
always correctly parsed the precedence of and/or expressions without
thinking. But after reading that huge thread (or threads) I totally lost all
confidence. I don't know why. But the mere discussion of it really messed
with my head. Now whenever I write a complex boolean expression I find
myself carefully stepping through it, like a child counting pennies
(centavos?) with his fingers.

I've written ciphers, virtual machines, and all manner of other kinds of
code. But now I feel stumped by Lua's boolean operators. It's the worst
feeling.