On Jan 5, 2014 11:03 AM, "steve donovan" <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 2:53 PM, David Given <dg@cowlark.com> wrote:
> > I'm afraid the VB connection means that three-space indentation is
> > irrecoverably tainted with evil and must be abandoned forthwith.
>
> Mike Pall once said that he would refuse to take anyone seriously who
> used three spaces, so clearly feelings get surprisingly strong on the
> subject.  (I don't claim that this represents his current position)

I remember that. I assumed he was joking, or else it would be quite rude (judge someone's work by their indentation, really?) Anyway wasn't there a programming adage that said that the less relevant the subject, the stronger people's opinions are?

I'll just sit in my corner and keep coding my stuff... with three-space indentation.