On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 7:50 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Paige DePol <lual@serfnet.org> wrote:
>> however, the official site is just showing the standard source without any
>> extra annotations apart from the source comments... unless I am missing something?
>
> Missing nothing - the official site has much better styling, but does
> not support annotations.  Building a system that allows people with
> appropriate authorization to add stuff would be tricky - otherwise it
> would get full of spam.
>
> One option is to keep a Lua 5.2.2 version on github and use their
> annotation/comment facility.

...and these last three posts get to the meat of it.

There is lots of excellent work to be found, but the Lua culture is
such that there is an insufficient concentration around a particular
goal that would create enough passion to clean up dormant content /
sites[1], move it all to something managed and organize it in such a
way that the content is more or less self-refreshing[2].

Yet, Lua grows in popularity, slowly and steadily... all on the power
of a couple of good books, a mailing list and a simple design.

It is an enlightening, thrilling and tragic thing to watch. :)

-Andrew

[1] Lua Forge, Lua For Windows, parts of the Wiki
[2] Usually by shaming someone into fixing their broken content, ala
Wikipedia or Github or Stackexchange