Hello list,

I think the annotated manual is a good idea, if done properly.

Another idea I think could be immensely helpful would be annotations of the actual Lua source-code, for people like myself who would love to learn more about the internals of Lua.

I have been tinkering with the code and have produced some patches to tweak things a little and to gain some experience, however, I would have to say the code is probably fairly daunting to newcomers.

I say this due to the significant amount of very short variable names (single letter even), and while there are a lot of comments there is not a lot of detail of how the whole system works. I would think if we could annotate the source to help explain what all the data structures are and so forth it could be a great benefit to new Lua hackers.

Just my musings, oh and this is my first post, so hello everyone! :)

~pmd