On 9/27/2013 11:56 AM, William Ahern wrote:
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 07:58:29PM -0700, Coda Highland wrote:
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Marc Lepage wrote:
I believe the LuaJIT variant has ARM assembly, I haven't looked too
deeply at its internals.

It does; LuaJIT uses assembly very heavily, considering it's a compiler.

But much of the VM is implemented in assembly, too, using DynASM. GCC is a
compiler but isn't implemented in assembly.

Let's get back to the OP's query, because I don't think talking about LuaJIT will help the OP any. IMHO a substantial LuaJIT bachelor's thesis project is not advisable unless the student is already a very experienced coder.

Anyway Lua 5.0.x is sorta legacy, so those Linaro people should just leave it be.

Lua 5.2 is probably already as portable as it can be. IMHO porting Lua 5.2 to ARM 64 by keeping to C as much as possible and fixing any floating-point issues is too small for a bachelor's thesis project.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)