OP's question, I think - was about ARM 64-bit ASM. I believe ARM 32-bit ASM is supported, and the gcc can take care of ARM 64-bit instruction generation as well, but hand-written ASM for 32-bit ARM, could need porting to 64-bit ARM arch. Not familiar with 64-bit ARM arch, but they might have a fall-back mode, that can emulate/execute 32-bit instructions as well.

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM, William Ahern <william@25thandclement.com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 07:58:29PM -0700, Coda Highland wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Marc Lepage <mlepage@antimeta.com> wrote:
> > I believe the LuaJIT variant has ARM assembly, I haven't looked too
> > deeply at its internals.
>
> It does; LuaJIT uses assembly very heavily, considering it's a compiler.

But much of the VM is implemented in assembly, too, using DynASM. GCC is a
compiler but isn't implemented in assembly.