On 18 September 2013 12:22, Pierre Chapuis <catwell@archlinux.us> wrote:

>>> I can attend if there is interest in this. The talk can focus on
>>> anything from the following
>>>
>>> - LuaRocks LuaDist compatibility roadmap
>>> - Module submission process
>>> - Module evaluation process
>>> - Categorization and identification of modules
>>> - Documentation issues
>>> - OS compatibility
>>> - Binary distribution of apps
>>> - Lua 5.1 vs Lua 5.2 vs LuaJIT
>
>> Why not turn this into a talk at the Workshop? Talks do not need to be
>> about
>> completed work: they can be about raising issues and possible solutions.
>>
>> Like I said recently, we need more talks proposals for the workshop.
>
> I was considering that myself, but I am not sure all
> these points would fit in the format of a normal talk.
>
> This is why I was proposing a BoF [1], or maybe
> some kind of roundtable? Is Hisham attending?

I hope to!

How about a "micro-track on module management" in the workshop with

* a talk on LuaRocks (history, current status, roadmap, etc)
* Peter's talk on LuaDist
* a BoF/round-table for discussing needs of module authors and users,
LR, LD, the rockspec format, etc (in typical BoF fashion, this could
be done after the main event in one of the days).

-- Hisham