On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 01:43:17 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 23:23:53 +0200
> petah <lua@laufenberg.ch> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 16:33:59 -0400
> > Daurnimator <quae@daurnimator.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > This has come up a couple of times before, have a search for the
> > > (multiple) threads with subject "Lua Tutor List"
> > > It gets brought up again every 6 months or so, always with the
> > > answer being a no.
> >
> > Signal/noise has gotten much worse over the last 6 months.
>
> Maybe that's from people hijacking threads and discussing minutae of
> list metadata.

LOL, so I looked up petah's former posts in my Lua
archives dating from December 2010, and I found six, starting on
3/26/2013. So unless he's been lurking a long time before, or using a
different email address and nickname, his evaluation of Lua list's
signal to noise movements lack credibility.

Among his six posts, one was a very snarky reply to someone who was
nicely and helpfully replying to me, one was a defense of his snarky
post, one hijacked a thread I was interested in, and one spoke of Lua
List's deteriorating signal to noise.

Which brings me to my point. My math indicates to me that petah has
four noises and two signals, so procmailed his Lua posts to /dev/null.

Obviously I'll speak of him no more, given that I'll hear from him no
more.

Oh, and just for the record, I like the way the Lua list works just
fine.

SteveT