On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 16:33:59 -0400
Daurnimator <quae@daurnimator.com> wrote:
> On 19 July 2013 16:17, petah <lua@laufenberg.ch> wrote:
> > Maybe split it into Lua-users and Lua-dev (or Lua-sterile-debates :). Feel free to debate my opinion to death -- you'll just be making my point :)
>
> This has come up a couple of times before, have a search for the
> (multiple) threads with subject "Lua Tutor List"
> It gets brought up again every 6 months or so, always with the answer
> being a no.

Signal/noise has gotten much worse over the last 6 months.

F.ex. the thread "new empty value/type in Lua" and its offshoot "Empty? No. Array? No. Has? Yes" have 234 posts. "[ANN] Lua 5.3.0 (work1) now available" + offshoot "Lua 5.3 work1 Considering math.isinteger or type()" stand at 237 posts (so far), with some admittedly good points, but the recent benchmark thread takes 30 posts to come full-circle and conclude: "it's rubbish".

What's the posts/thread or posts/day ceiling before exodus? 500? 1000? NaN?

Maybe there's another solution, f.ex. "detecting Lua integer vs number" would deserve an entry in a feature request web page -> duly noted -> moving on. All I know is the current situation is untenable.

-- p