On 13/04/2013 16.41, petah wrote:
I don't mind, it's a blast to hear. When a European bilingual friend
lets slip "télécharger un fichier" I ask if it's from a server in
Quebec. Every time.

This matter was a problem for me when I had a job interview in French with a game developer in France: I was in doubt about the language to use for technical terms.

I chose to say them in French to err on the safe side, but sometimes I had trouble understanding when they used an English term in the middle of a French sentence: I was so 'tuned' on French that I tried to decode that sound as if it had been a French word... and failed miserably :-)

--
  Enrico