2013/4/12 Laurent Faillie <l_faillie@yahoo.com>:

> Based on this experience, I'm writing now my own
> open-source code in english (even if I'm sure it's plenty of misspelling
> and mistake) because it's much easier if I have to share.

I was told by an APL enthusiast that back in the early days when IBM
was everything, a group of bright young students from francophone Africa
was sent to Yorktown Heights to learn computer programming.  Fortran
was deemed too hard for a first language, so they were taught COBOL. They
progressed much more slowly than the mostly white American students, and
all the racists around wore I-told-you-so expressions. Someone had the
bright idea of moving them to the APL group, then in its infancy. With
their French-style abstract mathematical training, they outstripped the
other students easily.

At least Lua programmers of whatever nationality can spell one eight-letter
English word correctly ("coroutine" and "metatable" seem not to be words
elsewhere).