2013/2/23 James Graves <james.c.graves.jr@gmail.com>:

> I really don't like all the 'local foo = require "foo"' lines that are
> needed for the current style either.  I think it adds too much cruft
> and helps obscure the important information, such as which modules
> are being used.

+1.

While I admire people who are so disciplined that they
write everything in a file and run standalone Lua on it from
their sophisticated editor that does just that with one mouse
click, I personally like interactive mode.

And when code has been written in that ataxophobic
style where nothing is ever global, I can't just cut-and-paste
it to my terminal without running into annoying messages
about nil functions that I'm trying to call.