Enrico Colombini <erix@erix.it> writes:
> On 09/02/2013 4.14, Miles Bader wrote:
>> "~=" on the other hand seems to have no obvious benefits at all
>> over "!=", and because it's used much less often, it can ... slip,
>> especially if also doing much programming in C / Java / whatever.
>
> It has no obvious drawbacks either.

Er, it clearly does have drawbacks, even if they're relatively minor.
That's why people are complaining about it... :]

[I really do regularly mis-use "!=" in Lua code.  For most of Lua,
context-switching isn't a problem, but for this, it does seem to be,
at least for me.]

-miles

--
Опять нет повода не выпить