On Feb 9, 2013, at 8:43 PM, Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> wrote:
> [I really do regularly mis-use "!=" in Lua code.  For most of Lua,
> context-switching isn't a problem, but for this, it does seem to be,
> at least for me.]

Same here; that and the '-' being special in patterns, which is incredibly annoying.
I like that most of the differences make me context switch to Lua language, and my brain remembers most Lua-isms, but those two get me all the time.  At least using '!=' it errors quickly, but the '-' pattern command is evil... and seemingly unnecessary since it duplicates '*'. (I assume '-' must have come first in some old Lua version)

-hadriel