On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
LuaTeX was my gate to Lua, and I know at least one other
Lua user who came via that route.

Heh, and with holidays ahead, the time of year for memories has come? :)

My introduction to Lua was via "Allegro Sprite Editor", some old initial version which was then lost to author's HDD malfunction or something - but apparently soon revived from scratch, and seems to be still somewhat alive, as google says, although I can't find for sure if this version also allows for scripting.

It was in my young(er) days, and having some C background, at first I was mostly disgusted by the 'begin's and 'end's, strongly reminescent of (Turbo) Pascal, which I then viciously despised as the main antagonist in Ye Holy War (as I've seen it). But I also became intrigued, by this strange beast which was a language inside an otherwise "normal" app, and obviously soon come to love Lua, and appreciate both begin-ends, counting-from-1 and all the other, more important feats :)

Uhm, sorry if that's too OT in this thread... :]

/M.